Our Attorneys Work Earnestly on Your Behalf Serving Long Island
Providing the aggressive advocacy you need for your family law case
The attorneys at Simonetti & Associates are completely dedicated to guiding our Nassau and Suffolk County clients through divorce and other family law disputes. We possess extensive settlement negotiation and litigation skills and experience, which we employ to fight for your rights in court. Whatever the complexity of your case, our highly motivated attorneys are prepared to manage your case in Long Island, Woodbury or elsewhere in the Nassau County area.
Our team brings a diverse pool of knowledge and experience to the table. Our combined backgrounds create a powerful tool to be wielded in the battle for your family law rights. We invite you to learn more about our professional staff:
Call our Long Island, NY family law attorneys today for your free consultation
With flexible office hours, free consultations and a convenient location in Woodbury, Simonetti & Associates is the Long Island divorce law firm that gives you value for your money. Choose a professional law office that returns calls after business hours, answers all of your questions and takes a personal interest in the outcome of your case. Contact us online or call us at 877-385-2560 today, and let us begin building your case.
Louis F. Simonetti, Jr. is the driving force and founder of Simonetti & Associates. With 29 years of legal experience, he draws from his corporate and business background to continue to develop the family law practice he started in 1990. He has considerable experience analyzing various types of business ventures and financial situations, which allows him to maximize property divisions and settlements on behalf of his clients in divorce proceedings.
In addition to being an avid sports fan, Mr. Simonetti dedicates himself to giving back to the community. He has served as general counsel to various youth organizations and religious organizations, providing legal services for their members. He is a lifelong resident of Long Island and the father of four children.
- New York, 1988
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 1989
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 1989
- J.D., St. John’s University School of Law, 1987
- Member, St. John’s University Law Review, 1986 –1987
- Recipient of St. Thomas More Guild Scholarship
- B.S.E., magna cum laude, Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, 1984
- Established the Wharton Investment Banking Society
- “The Constitutionality of State Labor Relations Board Jurisdiction Over Parochial Schools: Catholic High School Association v. Culvert,” The Catholic Lawyer, 1986
Charlotte M. Betts has dedicated more than 23 years to the representation of parties in all arrears of matrimonial litigation, including complex and high net worth contested matters involving equitable distribution of marital assets, spousal support, custody and parental access, child support, as well as advocating for victims of domestic abuse. Ms. Betts has been involved in every aspect of such matters from commencement of litigation, motion practice, financial discovery (including examinations before trial and valuation of business interests), and through trial or settlement. Ms. Betts has advanced and opposed a myriad of post judgment matters, including enforcement and modification of court ordered obligations, as well as modification of custody of and parental access to minor children.
- New York, 1994
- J.D., Magna Cum Laude, Touro College, Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center, 1993
- B.A., Accounting, Magna Cum Laude, St. John’s University, 1990
- Nassau County Bar Association, Matrimonial Committee Member
- New York Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Barrister of New York Family Law American Inns of Court
Since his admission to the bar, Tim Fallon has devoted the majority of his practice to matrimonial and family law matters, aggressively representing clients in contentious matrimonial and Family Court cases; addressing issues of equitable distribution, child support, spousal maintenance, paternity, and custody disputes. Mr. Fallon has appeared regularly in the Supreme and Family Courts in Nassau, Suffolk, Queens, and Brooklyn. He is an avid Mets fan, lifelong Nassau County resident, and the father of two daughters.
- New York, 2012
- New Jersey, 2012
- J.D., cum laude, Hofstra University School of Law, 2011
- Senior Research Editor, Hofstra Law Review
- B.A., Government, Georgetown University, 2008
- “Mistrial in 140 Characters or Less? How the Internet and Social Networking are Undermining the American Jury System and What Can Be Done to Fix It,” Hofstra Law Review, Volume 38, Issue 3, 2010
Since admission to the NYS bar, Kevin Mulligan has spent his career advocating for clients in matrimonial and family law litigation. Mr. Mulligan handles all aspects of family law from orders of protection to custody issues and equitable distribution. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Mulligan was an attorney with another prominent matrimonial firm in Suffolk County, New York. Mr. Mulligan appears regularly before the Supreme and Family Courts of Suffolk, Nassau and Queens Counties. Mr. Mulligan is a member of the New York State Bar Association, Suffolk County Bar Association, and Suffolk County Matrimonial Bar Association.
- J.D., Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center, Touro College, 2012
- B.A., SUNY at Stony Brook, 2005
As a matrimonial and family law attorney, Dennis’ practice focuses on matters involving divorce, custody, paternity, child support, domestic violence and child neglect. He regularly represents clients in court proceedings throughout Long Island, the five boroughs, and Westchester County.
Prior to joining Simonetti & Associates, Dennis honed his skills as a fierce advocate and aggressive litigator by practicing law at two matrimonial firms in New York City. As a law student, Dennis was a member of Cardozo’s Moot Court Honor Society and Advocates for Kids.
- New York, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York, 2017
- J.D., Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, 2012
- B.A., English Literature, Summa Cum Laude, Arizona State University, 2007
Debora Shamoilia developed her passion for family and matrimonial law in law school, serving as President of the Family Law Society, clerking for a Nassau County Family Court Judge and representing litigants in custody and support proceedings in Nassau and Suffolk Counties as a clinician for the Family Law Clinic. Upon graduating law school, Ms. Shamoilia worked as an associate at a prestigious matrimonial law firm in Suffolk County, dedicating her practice solely to matrimonial and family law matters, gaining invaluable knowledge and experience inequitable distribution, custody, support, enforcement and appellate matters.
Ms. Shamoilia is a Long Island native and is honored to give back to her community. Professionally, she is a member of the Suffolk County Bar Association and New York State Bar Association. She is also an active supporter of the local Iranian-American and Jewish communities, where she is a member of the Sephardic Heritage Alliance Inc. (SHAI), the Iranian-American Bar Association of New York (IABA-NY) and the Iranian-American Jewish Federation (IAJF).
J.D., Jacob D. Fuchsberg Touro Law Center (2014)
B.A. (History and Political Science), Queens College (2011)