Divorce can be an emotional and turbulent time. You may find yourself balancing legal proceedings, children, emotions, and finances all while navigating the divorce process, which can become overwhelming and leave room for mistakes. Our Nassau family lawyer at Simonetti & Associates would like to share some common pitfalls to avoid and what you should do during your divorce. Continue reading to learn more!
The 5 Do’s and Don’ts of Divorce
If you are contemplating divorce or are about to get one, you may want to learn more about the process. Divorce can be a confusing process to navigate. While no two divorces are the same, our Nassau family lawyer would like to share the do’s and don’ts of getting divorced:
- Do – Try your best to be reasonable and cooperative. Although it may be challenging, being cooperative and truthful will help you through the divorce process. If you don’t believe you can be cooperative for a good reason, our attorney can advise you on what to do.
- Don’t – Don’t share private information on social media. During the divorce process, everything you do and say will be scrutinized.
- Do – Divorce can be an all-consuming process. It’s important to live your life as normally as possible, so spend time with family and friends.
- Don’t – Do not go against any court rulings when it comes to family arrangements. If you go against court rulings, you could face severe penalties and jeopardize your custody rights.
- Do – Hire an experienced Nassau family lawyer. Our team at Simonetti & Associates will advocate for you to ensure all legal filings are correctly done and help familiarize you with the divorce process. We’re here to support you and keep you organized so you can achieve a favorable outcome.
If you are considering divorce and have questions, our team at Simonetti & Associates is here to help! We provide high-quality, affordable legal services to those navigating divorce and other family law matters. Our Nassau family lawyer will put their decades of experience to work to help you yield a favorable outcome that suits the needs of you and your family. Be sure to contact us today to schedule a consultation!