If you are in the midst of a divorce or child custody dispute with a spouse who does not agree on the terms of custody or support, it is in you and your family’s best interest to work with a lawyer. A child support attorney in Suffolk County NY can assist in everything from planning the initial agreement to modifying an existing one. In addition, they can help with all other matters of family law that you might need help with.
What Does a Child Support Lawyer Do?
A child support attorney in Suffolk County NY can help you with your case in several ways. For example, some things they may be able to help with are:
- Explaining legal issues and guiding you through what to expect
- Evaluating your case and providing the best legal advice on how to proceed
- Calculating anticipated child support payments and costs
- Representing you and protecting your rights
- Negotiating on your behalf in the dispute
Reasons for a Child Support Attorney in Suffolk County NY
Hiring an attorney for a child support case is not necessary, but can provide you with many benefits and advantages in many cases. The cost is generally worth it when it comes to a child support case. There are several reasons to hire a child support attorney in Suffolk County NY.
- Dealing with a complicated case. If your ex does not agree with your terms, a lawyer may be best suited to convince a judge to rule in your direction.
- The other parent has a lawyer. If your ex has a professional who is working in their corner, you don’t want to put yourself at a disadvantage by not having the same, if not better, expertise.
- Help with calculating child support amounts. A lawyer understands the information a judge uses to calculate child support. They will be able to provide you with the information necessary to ensure the child support amounts are being paid to properly care for the child.
- Easier modification of a child support agreement. If you want to modify an existing order, you will need to provide the right documentation for the judge to understand and accept your modification request.
Simonetti & Associates for Child Support Cases
For all family law matters, especially child support cases, Simonetti & Associates provides the best attorney expertise in New York. Our attorneys have more than 75 years of experience managing complex cases. Contact a child support attorney today for a free consultation!