Filing for a divorce can be a stressful time and depending on if the divorce is an uncontested divorce or not it could be pricy. An Uncontested divorce usually tends to be on the more affordable side. You might ask why? Well, it is because the former couple is agreeing on mostly everything. It’s still important to hire a divorce lawyer to make sure you did not leave anything out though. Getting a divorce does not always have to be messy but handling the process on your own can be very complicated. Divorce lawyers will keep everything organized by easing the process and providing structure and guidance.
The first step of a divorce could cost around $400 in court and filing fees. Then, even after hiring a cost-efficient lawyer than it can cost you around a few thousand. Some people struggle with finding the right divorce lawyer and can wind up paying crazy amounts of money. In the state of New York, the average cost of divorce could be up to $17,100! At Simonetti & Associates, a divorce lawyer in Hicksville can make going through a divorce less stressful.
A Divorce lawyer in Hicksville will go over the following divorce-related issues during your consultation. Make sure that you have thoroughly gone over, and made yourself and your partner aware of the following:
- Child custody related topics
- If you have minor children, then this is something you should talk about.
- Child support
- Some single parents can not afford to care for their children on just their income, so this is a critical issue to discuss.
- Any documents dealing with the Division of property
- This can determine who is living where and who gets certain assets.
- Housing is a big role in divorce and is what causes the most stress.
- Division of debts
- This is what you will be paying once the divorce is finalized.
At Simonetti & Associates, there is a divorce lawyer in Hicksville that can assist you throughout the divorce process. This assures that you are going to be taken care of during this emotional time. Contact us today for your FREE consultation.