No one gets married and thinks their relationship will divulge into something they no longer recognize. Unfortunately, this is the reality for many people each year. If you find yourself in a toxic marriage, our team at Simonetti & Associates recommends getting out of it as quickly as possible. For more information on why you should do so, and what options you have after deciding to terminate the marriage, schedule a consultation with our divorce lawyer in Amagansett right away.
Signs Of A Toxic Marriage
When you’re in love with someone, it’s easy to view the world through rose-colored glasses. However, failing to see glaring red flags in a relationship can be detrimental to your wellbeing. Our divorce lawyer in Amagansett knows the signs to look for that point to a toxic marriage and would like to share them to help keep our clients protected. Below are just some signs that point towards this occurrence:
- You and your partner go through long periods of angry silence
- Emotional issues are avoided continuously
- Your partner is always over critical of you
- Your partner makes you feel guilty about engaging in social activities without them
- One or both of you are cheating
- You or your partner are emotionally checked out of the relationship
Why You Need To Leave
While you may view getting married as making a long term commitment to your partner, the truth is that if the relationship is toxic, you need to end it right away. Our divorce lawyer in Amagansett knows this and will be there to help. Some reasons that you need to leave your toxic marriage include:
- Being alone is better than being in a bad relationship
- Unhealthy relationships hinder personal growth
- Leaving a toxic marriage makes room for healthier relationships
- Toxic marriages can quickly turn to abusive ones
- They can lead to anxiety, depression, and other mental health issues
How Our Divorce Lawyer In Amagansett Will Help
Trying to end a toxic marriage can be challenging to do on your own. That is why when you’ve decided to do so, our divorce lawyer in Amagansett should be your first call. Our legal team can build a case that allows you to end the marriage and receive the max amount of damages you’re entitled to.
The sooner you leave your toxic marriage, the better your life will be. At Simonetti & Associates, we understand this and will do everything in our power to make the divorce process as seamless as possible. To get your life back on track after this rough period in your life, be sure to contact our team today.