No relationship is always perfect or easy, but for the most part, a healthy relationship should make you feel happy, respected, secure, and cared for. On the other hand, unhealthy relationships can make you feel depleted or even distraught. The last thing anybody wants or needs in their life is a toxic relationship. If you are in a relationship and questioning whether or not you should get a divorce, our divorce lawyer in South Hampton is here to help. Our team at Simonetti & Associates would like to share some signs to look out for that may point to an unhealthy relationship. Continue reading to learn more.
Signs Your Relationship is Unhealthy
While even the happiest couples have their ups and downs, there are some signs you should look out for that may point to a toxic or unhealthy relationship. These signs can help you determine if you and your partner have some work to do to save your marriage or if it may be time to move on. Our divorce lawyer in South Hampton has compiled a list of warning signs:
- Your relationship is all take, no give.
- You and your partner do not turn to each other for emotional support. Instead, you seek support from others first.
- Your spouse tries to keep you away from your support system of family and friends.
- You hide certain relationships from your partner.
- Your partner is lying about your marital financial situation.
- You feel a lack of control.
- Your partner is manipulative.
- You become the scapegoat in your relationship.
- You fear that your partner may get so angry that they’d hurt you.
- There is no room for compromise.
- Relationship violence.
- You have a gut feeling that your relationship is unhealthy.
All relationships have their ups and downs, but it’s essential to be treated with respect and equality. If you feel that you are in an unhealthy situation that you and your partner cannot save, it’s best to contact a divorce lawyer in South Hampton so you can move forward with your life.
Contact Simonetti & Associates | Divorce Lawyer in South Hampton
Here at Simonetti & Associates, we understand that deciding to leave a toxic relationship can be difficult. Our dedicated divorce lawyer in South Hampton is here to help you through this process and make your plan to move forward. Our trustworthy team will always be in your corner. Contact our office today to schedule a consultation.