Going to court is like rolling a dice. There’s a chance you’ll get the outcome you want, but there’s also a chance that you won’t. Taking that risk and all the litigation fees into account, going to trial may not be something you want to do. It is a lengthy, emotional, expensive process, but the outcome can have a huge effect on a person’s life. If you recently went to trial and your bills are higher than you expected, it is important to understand where all those costs are coming from. For a less expensive option or just advice on the process in general, consider hiring Divorce Lawyer in Huntington, at Simonetti & Associates instead!
Breakdown of the costs:
- Attorneys: The law isn’t as black and white as one may think. It takes a lot of knowledge and experience to make sense of it all. Hiring a divorce lawyer can provide the clarity needed to win your case. However, it is important to remember that a lot of people need lawyers which means you need to present a strong case that lines up with lawyers’ ethical beliefs and wants. Unfortunately, that may include having to sit down with multiple lawyers until you find the right one; and all of those meetings can add up! Fortunately, there is a divorce lawyer in Huntington that offers free initial consultations. By visiting Simonetti & Associates you meet with one of our attorneys, without the added stress of money, to make sure your best interests are being covered.
- Non-Attorney fees: After hiring an attorney, there is a series of non-attorney fees each party pays when going to court. These litigation fees include the following:
- Filing/Pleadings– Filing a case is not cheap. It involves a Complaint to outline the case at hand, a Summons which provides court jurisdiction and the Answer.
- Special witnesses– Hiring an expert witness can make or break your case, but that expertise comes with a price. Not only do expert witnesses need to be paid for their service itself, but they may charge a retainer fee as well.
- Printed Evidence– Considering a court decision can make or break your life, you want to have the best evidence as possible. If your evidence is hard to see the jury probably won’t be as persuaded to rule in your favor.
All of these costs add up. However, a divorce lawyer in Huntington at Simonetti & Associates may be able to get some of those fees waived.
Contact a Divorce lawyer in Huntington:
If you’re considering going to trial and need a law firm that cares and will fight for you Simonetti & Associates can help! We offer high-quality service at a reasonable cost to each and every one of our clients. Contact us today to set up your FREE consultation.