It is believed that 30-60% of spouses commit infidelity. When your spouse is unfaithful it is extremely difficult to rebuild the trust you once had. Trust is one of the most important aspects to have in any relationship, especially a marriage. When that trust is broken, it can leave a person wondering whether or not it can be restored. You may not know what the next step is; do you work on the relationship or is it time to move on? If you need some advice or guidance on where to go from here, there is a divorce lawyer in Manhasset that can help!
What you need to consider:
When trying to decide if rebuilding trust is the right option, there are a few key factors to keep in mind:
- The amount of effort put in – Both spouses have to want to save their marriage. If only one spouse is willing to do the work the marriage isn’t going to survive. Both spouses have to see the value in what they’re fighting for.
- Termination/continuation of the affair– If the adulterer continues with their affair, they’re going to continue to break their spouse’s trust. Whereas, if they terminate the affair, they’re moving in the right direction to gain the lost trust back
- Blame– Cheaters have two choices. Blame themselves or blame their spouse. If they blame their spouse, the cheater doesn’t see a problem with their infidelity and most likely will continue to cheat. Whereas, if they blame themselves and own up to their infidelity the cheater understands they’re in the wrong and hopefully won’t cheat again
- Kids– No one wants a child to grow up in a broken home. For this reason, the infidelity may not end the marriage, but it won’t necessarily gain back the trust either. If you don’t think you can get past the infidelity, there is a divorce lawyer in Manhasset that can help.
- Change– There’s always a reason someone cheats. In order to assure that they won’t cheat again, the circumstances that drove them to cheat have to change.
What are my options?
A key part of actually moving on is your spouse’s ability, to tell the truth. The longer they wait to fill you in on their infidelities, the worse the situation becomes. While you may feel betrayed or hurt or even angry, finding out the details now will enable you to actually work on your marriage. You can then decide whether or not the relationship is even salvageable. Sometimes, your relationship can not be saved, and that is okay. Luckily, there is a divorce lawyer in Manhasset that can take care of the rest.
If you have decided that you no longer wish to be with your unfaithful spouse, you can seek out the assistance of a family lawyer. At Simonetti & Associates, we offer a number of services that can get you past this difficult time. One of those services being divorce mediation. Divorce is complicated and sometimes intimidating, but without a judge, some of the pressure may be relieved. Mediation allows both you and your partner to resolve the issue by taking action into your own hands. It saves time and makes the process less emotionally draining. We can also direct you how to properly file for divorce and how to set up child support as well as separation agreements if need be. Divorce is painful enough, so why not seek out the help of a divorce lawyer in Manhasset.
Contact a divorce lawyer in Manhasset:
Simonetti & Associates wants to help clients receive the best representation possible for all their divorce and family resolution needs. Our experienced team of lawyers will do their best to provide high-quality services at an affordable cost. Contact us for your free initial consultation today with a divorce lawyer in Manhasset.