Many people think they can save some extra money during a divorce by going through one without a lawyer. However, trying to do this will cause more harm than good. Without proper representation, divorces can quickly become drawn out, costing you more money in the long run. At Simonetti & Associates, we don’t want to see this happen. When you file for a divorce, we recommend seeking out representation from our divorce lawyer in Southampton.
Why Not Hiring Our Divorce Lawyer In Southampton Is A Mistake
As previously stated, trying to go through a divorce without a lawyer is a mistake that should be avoided. There are various reasons for this that our divorce lawyer, Lou Simonetti. Esq. would like to layout for you. Examples of these reasons include:
- Your spouse will likely be hiring a divorce lawyer.
- There are many legal aspects within a divorce that you are probably not well versed in.
- Trying to represent yourself will lead to unfavorable outcomes in court that could have been avoided.
The Benefits Of Working With Us
Now that you’ve heard about the drawbacks of not working with our divorce lawyer in Southampton, we’d also like to call out the benefits of seeking out our representation. We’re well versed in family law and will work diligently to help you achieve a favorable ruling in your divorce case. The benefits of working with us can include:
- Reaching agreements before stepping foot in court.
- Limiting emotional distress.
- Having a mediator between you and your spouse.
- Ensuring you get a fair share in the distribution of assets.
- Helping you understand the complexities of custody law.
- Protecting your legal rights.
How We Will Help
A lot more can go into divorce than both spouses signing papers. When disputes arise, evidence will need to be presented to the court to ensure you remain protected. That is where our divorce lawyer comes in. They know what needs to be gathered and presented to the court to build the most favorable case. Without our help, you can miss out on gathering crucial information that would have turned the court’s tide towards your favor.
Contact Our Divorce Lawyer in Southampton
While it’s easy to feel alone during a divorce, you don’t have to be. Our divorce lawyer in Southampton will be there for you every step of the way. To schedule your free consultation to get the process started, be sure to contact our team at Simonetti & Associates today.