Divorce is often an extremely stressful process. When people are unable to manage their stress correctly, it can lead to various problems. That is why our team at Simonetti & Associates recommends some clients go through counseling before their divorce. Our Southampton divorce attorney knows doing so can bring several benefits and inform you if they believe you should consider this.
Signs You Should Seek Counseling
Thankfully, going to counseling does not have the negative stigma it once had. Our Southampton divorce attorney always carries your best interest in mind and will advise clients who display the below signs that they should go to counseling before their divorce:
- You suffer from constant anxiety, stress, or depression.
- You are dealing with self-esteem issues.
- Divorce is starting to affect other aspects of your life negatively.
- Your spouse’s decision to file for a divorce came as a complete surprise to you.
- You are worried that divorce will affect your relationship with your children.
The Benefits Of Counseling
Now that you know some of the situations that call for a person to seek counseling, our Southampton divorce attorney would now like to touch upon some of the benefits of doing so. Counseling can change your life for the better, especially when a divorce is looming on the horizon. Examples of the benefits you can reap from doing so include:
- Potentially working out problems with your spouse that can save your marriage.
- Learning coping mechanisms to help adjust to your new lifestyle.
- Accepting that divorce was the best situation for you.
- Reducing stress and anxiety.
- Preparing yourself for the possibility of dating once again.
Working With Our Southampton Divorce Attorney
Even under the best of circumstances, going through a divorce can be a grueling process. That is why you need to ensure you have the proper representation on your side. Our Southampton divorce attorney is well versed in helping clients through this period in their lives and will work diligently to build a case that has the court’s ruling in your favor in as many aspects as possible. We’ll also let you know if we think counseling would be beneficial, so you can help keep your peace of mind.
When you’re ready to begin the process of getting a divorce, be sure to contact us here at Simonetti & Associates so you can start working with our Southampton divorce attorney.