Are you getting married soon and are worried about assets you might need to protect? If so, a certain divorce lawyer in Massapequa is here to tell you all about prenuptial agreements. At Simonetti & Associates, we provide both prenuptial and postnuptial agreements for you and your spouse, as a means of sorting out any financial problems you might run into later should you decide to divorce.
Even if you do not plan on divorcing anytime soon (nobody does!), as a divorce lawyer in Massapequa, we are here to tell you why you should consider a prenuptial agreement before your big day. Those who might want to consider a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement include those who:
- Own or co-own a business or several businesses
- Expect to receive a large inheritance
- Plan to make more money in the future
- Have much more money than their spouse
- Own valuable property in real estate or stocks
- Have children from a previous relationship
- Have aging parents or loved ones who need a secure financial future
If any of these factors should apply to you or your spouse, a divorce lawyer in Massapequa might suggest a prenuptial agreement to protect what is rightfully yours, should something happen. A prenuptial agreement will protect the following the rights:
- Distribution of assets and debts during marriage
- To buy, lease, transfer or sell property
- Management of business
- Entitlement to death benefits from life insurance
At Simonetti & Associates, we will carefully explain how you can protect your assets, and why a prenuptial agreement might be the right thing for you and your spouse. A divorce lawyer in Massapequa will tell you all about how both of you can benefit from this and create a plan that is best for both you and your spouse. There is often a stigma associated with prenuptial agreements, and many couples believe that signing a prenup means they plan to divorce at some point. Our attorneys will tell you that having a prenup might be just what you need, to save you from further trouble, should a divorce happen. Nobody wants to divorce, so by getting these financial issues sorted out beforehand, will prevent further problems between you and your spouse. Contact us today!